Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day! My dad is here living with us, battling a can't win battle with cancer. I will enjoy every minute I can with him, not just today, but every day he has left.

As I reflect over my 41 years of having him in my life, I think about what I've learned from him. He has taught me:
  • Love God, your country and family with all your heart!
  • Have fun with friends and family at every opportunity. If there isn't an opportunity...make one.
  • Always be there for your kids, in any way, at any time of day. Do whatever you can for them.
  • If you don't agree with someone, share your opinion and then let the rest go.
  • Don't hold a grudge. Life is too short.

Thanks Dad for everything!

Happy Father's day to my husband, Mike! You are an awesome husband and a really great dad to our kids. Thank you for working so hard to give us all the life we have. You make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment