Sunday, May 10, 2009

Queen for a Day

This is what it is all about! The weather is picture perfect, the sun is shining without a cloud in the sky. There is a beautiful breeze coming through the trees over the mountain. I have my knitting by my side and I'm sitting out in my rocking Adirondack chair on the deck. Ahhhh Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is a day that I can do whatever I want without any guilt for not doing what I'm suppose to. As a stay-at-home mom I can't ask for anything more! I slept until I woke up, 8:30. Mike had the coffee made and breakfast cooking. No clean up for me!! My daughters each made me a lovely card. Haley's was a colorful butterfly card with a heart felt note inside. Faith's was a poem that she read to me herself, her signed name was perfectly legible and no one helped her.

Jacob wrote me a poem that I will share with you here:
I write this poem for my mom...
In gangster speak, "She da bomb."
She cheers me up when I am sad,
She yells at me when I am bad.
During hunting season, she is sad,
She tells me not to shoot my dad.
At the store, she buys nothing stale,
She takes advantage of every sale.
For piano lessons, she pays lots of cash,
If I don't practice, she whoops my ash.
She likes it when I play guitar,
Says someday I will make it far.
She cooks lots of delicious food,
She married my dad, he's a cool dude.
She cleans all day long, until the dust is dead,
She doesn't stop working until she's asleep in her bed.
She somehow manages to get us all to church,
I dread the day when she will ride in a hurse.
Even though she never gave me a brother, I still can say,
"I love my mother." Love, Jake

Now I ask you, "Who can ask for anything better than this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment