Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catching Up

It has been over a week since I blogged? Can't believe it. Really haven't been that busy other than school, house work, knitting and the usual stuff.

Knitting Update
Finished a pair of socks for sister Laura's friend Moe. So, I've made a little more money to support my yarn habit. Although I haven't bought any yarn yet, I hope to soon. She even placed another order for a pair of socks for their priest to be a Christmas gift. Maybe I should spend more time knitting since it is making me money. Hee hee! (Any excuse for an addict.)

I casted on a sweater for brother Joe to give him for his 50th birthday, which will be in November. It doesn't look like much yet, but here it is. (Joe if by chance you are reading this, ignore this and let it be a surprise please!)

On the Home Front
Back in May, if you can recall, we got 12 chickens.
Right from the beginning my kids believed that one little chick would turn out to be a rooster. They even named him "switch blade". (He is the one in the back with the white dot on his head.) I didn't want to believe it.

And then... one morning while letting them out of their coop I could hear a faint crowing sound from within the coop. Sure enough! We have a rooster! He is kind of pretty, guess we'll keep him around.

Now that the days and nights are cooler we have our windows open and get woken up every morning to "cock-a-doodle-doo". Repeatedly!!!

Family
Today is mom's birthday. Happy birthday mom! Her and dad shared a birthday. Dad was 6 years her senior. This is her first birthday in 52 years without him. She will be in my prayers all day.

Happy birthday dad, to you too. From heaven I'm sure you will be watching over mom today.

2 comments:

  1. The socks look great! I hope you'll update on the sweater.

    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my sister was pleased with them. The sweater is coming along really nicely, have been spending more time than I should on it really.

    We are all well. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete