Friday, August 22, 2008

2 Weeks In Virginia

- Post by Michelle
Well we have been living in Virginia for 2 weeks now. I'm slowly learning my way around thanks to Lynn (the name we've given our Garmin GPS). Here is a list of our accomplishments over the first 2 weeks. (In no particular order.)

  • Mom and Dad have visited! (a huge reason why we moved to Virginia)
  • I attended my first knitting group and met some wonderful knitters.
  • Found where the yarn shops are. (Haven't ventured in yet they were closed when I drove past :( )
  • Registered at a church.
  • Got a library card. (Have yet to get my license, you can see where my priorities lie.)
  • Cousin Larry and his family visited. (Another plus to being in Virginia.)
  • Found my way to and from the WalMart shopping center without help from Lynn.

So as you can see we are trying to settle in and doing a pretty good job of it. Jacob even made the comment this week, "This isn't so bad." He was our biggest hurtle when we moved because of his age and all his friends in Connecticut. He however is enjoying this blog spot and the new lap top we purchased that has a web cam so, he spends a lot of his time on there with his friends. (Almost as good as being there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment