Friday, November 21, 2008

Warm Hearth, Warm Heart

It has been unseasonally cold here in Virginia for November. Well, at least that is what they tell me, it being my first one here. So, maybe that is why I decided to spend the day cooking. A warm oven always warms the house and a heart.

I made: baked beans, apple muffins, 2 pumpkin pies, clam chowder and chocolate chip cookies are finishing as I write. (Everything from scratch.)

Mike and Jake have been out hunting, on and off for the past 4 days, but still only one deer is in the freezer. Those New England bred boys can handle the cold!

I expect to end the day in front of the fireplace, knitting and seeing my family restful with their full bellies. Maybe the boys will bring home another deer to make their day complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment