Thursday, October 14, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.

1. I finished knitting a pair of socks that will be for Haley for Christmas. Didn't the yarn work up into a beautiful pattern?
2. Mike and I joined the gym for the remainder of October. We'll see how it goes. I was also able to find time to get there 3x this week! I realize this doesn't sound like much, but with Mike having worked the last 6 days (and probably the next 5) having to leave Jake to watch Faith so I can go. This is really good! (Amazing how much guilt a mother can feel when doing something simple for herself.)

3. Was able to bake bread this week. Although the weather hasn't cooled to "fall" temperatures yet it was pleasant enough, and I found the time.

If you would like to participate in Small Successes on your blog visit Faith and Family Live or click on the Small Success button on the top of the post. If you don't have a blog please feel free to put your successes in a comment to this post.

Have a GREAT week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah for baking bread! I still have not used my bread machine that was a gift to myself for mother's day...for shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. The socks are beautiful! I sew, and have dabbled a bit in knitting. Looking forward to picking it up as more of a hobby at some point... I've a great group of friends to teach me whenever I decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days, like when my toddler goes to school, I'm going to learn to knit. I tried crochet, but things kept getting unravelled. Plus I think I need formal lessons in this. Understanding the directions is not easy for me.

    I can almost smell that bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks look awesome! I tried learning how to knit when I was a kid and I couldn't get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful socks! As for #2, yes, it is amazing how guilty (but shouldn't!) we feel when doing something for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the socks. I'm sure Haley will too.
    Success!! I had a friend from the park come in to look at the guest bathroom faucet. I need to buy a new one and he will install it for $25.00 an hour instead of the $80.00 I paid for another plumber who repaired a $5.36 piece of PVC pipe at the house shut off. My friend also got my garbage disposal working again. $5.00 for his time. Something was stuck under the blades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the socks!
    It is very impressive that you worked out three times this week! Good for you! Taking care of yourself is a huge success!
    ooh baking bread! I want to do that even though it is not quite the weather for it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous socks!!Love the color combo!3x's exercise in a week is AWESOME!!!I am soo excited if I can manage 3x!Usually it's 2x.I love being a mom but the guilt is definitely not my favorite part!!:)Lynda

    ReplyDelete