Friday, October 15, 2010

So Yummy! Gotta give these a try!



No that is not little bits of mold growing in those cookies! They are mint chips!

I discovered yesterday that Nestle came out with a seasonal Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels! Not sure why it possessed me to buy them (most likely because I hadn't eat lunch before entering the store and they were on sale). But, I bought them and baked these little gems last night! Oh my, oh my, they are just too yummy and I had to share this with you.

If you like "grasshopper" cookies or girl scout's thin mint cookies you're gonna love these! Go out and buy a bag (in fact stock up because they are seasonal and you won't get them again until next year). Make the recipe on the back of the bag "Mint Chocolate Delights", and let me know what you think.
Let me also share with you my secret to getting perfect chocolate chip cookies every time. I use 3 cups of flour not just the 2 1/4 on the recipe. (With these I used all whole wheat, you can't taste any difference.) I also add 1 tsp. of baking powder to the dough.

One last suggestion: Call the 800 number for Nestles on the bag, tell them how much you enjoy them and they will send you some coupons for more!! (Can you guess what I did today? Tah hee hee)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Those sound delicious! Thanks for the tip about calling for coupons too.

    ReplyDelete