Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sometimes, it sounds so sweet.

The pizza dough for dinner is rising on the counter. The cookies are baked and dishes are washed. The laundry is washed, folded and put away. And a cake is baking in the oven for an event at church tomorrow. So, I decided to sit and do some knitting.

When...Mike announces he wants to take a ride and do some exploring. I just didn't feel like it. He took all three kids with him and I'm now enjoying a QUIET house. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to handle this on a permanent or regular basis, but sometimes it is nice. I shouldn't feel guilty about that. Right? I love being a stay-at-home mom, who also home schools, and I'm not even tempted or inclined to change it. But, I have to believe that even a saint like the Mother Mary herself must have felt blessed when she was awarded a moment of silence.

Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment