Saturday, February 27, 2010

Have any good recipes?

It's been a little while since I mentioned our chickens so thought this may be a good time. Bringing them up now is more of a plea for help. We have an abundance of eggs!!

I am proud to say the hens must be very happy because they are laying so wonderfully through these cold winter months. However, a family of 5 can only eat so many eggs!!

6 dozen eggs in containers

eggs collected yesterday and today that have yet to be cleaned and stored
plus a container in the frig. not pictured that has hard boiled eggs at the ready

Baking an angel food cake is always an option that uses 12 egg whites, but when there are this many eggs to be used, using only 12 still doesn't put a dent in it.

We give them away to the UPS man whenever he stops in, as well as the mail carrier.

Please send me your recipes that use eggs!! {pleas with desperation}

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could help you out, but I'm allergic to eggs, so I don't have any recipes. Do you have any neighbors you maybe could sell them to?

    ReplyDelete