Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Bounty

Our strawberry harvest started about a week ago. Here is some of what made it into the house for a photo op. Enough for cereal and everyone had a few. Today there were even more!
We had our first of the radishes from the garden. My dad loved radishes and can't help but think of him whenever I have one in my hands. Just one more thing that makes me think of him.
While working in the garden yesterday, this little guy came hoping out. We now need to make a couple of toad shelters for the garden so he'll stay and maybe bring a friend or two to visit.
The daffodils and iris have all faded away, but one of the rose bushes is in full bloom, just in time for May to honor the Blessed Mother. The rose bush on the other side will bloom in fall. Maybe for October? Mary's other month of honor.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love strawberries, but last time I ate them, I had a reaction similar to when I eat oranges, which I know I'm allergic to.

    ReplyDelete