Thursday, January 29, 2009

"You Say it's Your Birthday"...

It was 14 years ago today that I became a mom for the first time. What an incredible memory stirs inside of the birth of that first child, for both Mike and I. We had been at the hospital for more than 48 hours, and intensive labor for more than 14, when Jacob was finally born by c-section. It was Super Bowl Sunday that year. We remember everyone coming to visit us in the hospital. (Well at least Mike does, I was pretty drugged up by that time.)

Now that little baby boy is a: piano playing, guitar playing, song/music writing, instant messageing, wood splitting, phone texting, book reading, deer hunting young man. Whom I actually have to look up at (slightly) when I talk to him face to face.

I couldn't be prouder Jacob, of the young man you are becoming. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment