Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

1. Finally wrote and mailed the letter to the school superintendent notifying him our plan to continue home schooling for this school year. Suppose to do this by August 15th every year. Whoops!

2.Went to visit cousin Larry for an overnight stay. This was long over due. Mike had gone with the Haley and Jacob last fall, but I haven't seen him since December or his family since last July. This is a huge success in my book! Trying to be more like Mary and less like Martha.

3. Knitted a baby blanket and a hat. Someone Mike works with's wife is having a baby, so now we have a gift to give when the baby is born.

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. Now you can do the same. Go to Faith and Family and join in.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice respite at cousin Larry's house.
    I wish I could knit. No time to learn right now. Oh well.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mary above, I so wish I could knit. What a gift. I am sure the new Mom will love them. Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, good job on #1. I tend to forget those sorts of deadlines every year but I rarely do anything after I've missed them -- yay for gettin' 'er done.

    Congrats on a great week!

    ReplyDelete