Monday, July 26, 2010

Catching Up!

In The Knitting Bag
Finished knitting the socks I had been working on for over a MONTH! Can't believe it took me that long to finish a pair of socks. But... here they are:
I made them really loose fitting, and I like them.

The knitting still isn't going full force, but I did cast on another pair of socks in the Hedera pattern.

And I've casted on a sweater, the Neck Down Scoop Neck Cardigan by Diane Soucy.
I'll post photos of the actual projects when there is more to show. Both of these patterns I've made before and I think I just needed to do a couple of familiar patterns.

On the Home Front
Jake and I drove to bring Adam back to his parents on Saturday. We all really miss having him, but his parents insisted that 2 weeks was enough.

Mike got his staples out today, just short of 3 weeks since his surgery. He is doing really well and should be returning to work this week some time. This has me a little blue... I LOVE having my husband around and being with him... can't get sick of that!! But, someone has support my sorry behind!!

We took the kids to the movies last week. Gotta LOVE having a $1.00 theater near by!! Movies that are no longer in the big theaters, but still not on DVD. What a cheap way to spend the afternoon!!

Mike took Faith to see How to Train Your Dragon. He said there were a few scary parts for a 6 year old, but she LOVED it and wanted to know yesterday if she could go see it again. Mike said this is one that we should consider owning when it does come out on DVD. High praise!

Haley and I went to see Letters to Juliet. Definitely a "chick" flick, but it was awesome! Very endearing, romantic and adventurous with a very happy ending. Everything I LOVE about a movie. Haley enjoyed it too, although my tough exterior daughter would not admit it in front of her father. Now I am dreaming about a day that I can travel to Italy and explore the countryside. Why is it that movies do that to me? Please tell me I'm not alone and this a "chick" thing!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh...love the Hedera socks! I made these not too long ago. Your socks are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love that yarn!! Those socks are awesome. Can't wait to see the Hedera socks too.

    ReplyDelete