Saturday, July 3, 2010

How Far We've Come!

We were young and inexperienced, and I believe people thought we would never make it this far.
23 years ago today Mike and I go married, in the church, with our friends and family looking on. Mike still had more than 6 years left to serve in the Navy and the world was our oyster!

We've come a long way since that day, and I wouldn't change any of it. We've grown in our love and our faith in God. Some of the things we've been through:
  1. We have 3 beautiful, really great kids.
  2. We have buried both our fathers and losses of other loved ones.
  3. We managed to get through our middle child needing surgery at birth and hospitalization, with follow up surgeries until she was 6.
  4. Several moves! (But I think we are finally settled.)
  5. Job changes for both of us and sometimes wondering how we would ever pay the bills.
We've come a long way baby! I'm truly blessed to have you as my life partner and I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else. Looking forward to the next 23+

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Congratulations!!! Ya'll look so sweet! :) A blessed anniversary to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Great life I have with you! I will see you later! If you know what I mean, wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are doing just great! God sees us through it all. Keep the Faith and the Love will come with it. You are doing a great job with your kids as well. Miss you all. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pictures! 23 years! How awesome and what a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary. My husband and I celebrate 15 years in a couple of weeks from now

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on 23 years.

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Marcus and I will celebrate 8 years on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete