Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Turning it Over...


Saint Padre Pio, with all his wisdom said, "Pray, hope and don't worry. Worry is useless." Words I find myself repeating over and over.

During a recent homily at church a visiting priest said, "What a terrible insult to Jesus to worry." "Live in Jesus not in worry." Ouch! that hit home.

God is constantly reminding me!

However, genetically, I am predestined to worry!! A definite flaw in my makeup! I come from a LONG line of anxious people. Which is why at 3:00 o'clock in the morning I find myself up blogging and not sleeping!

Tomorrow (okay really today in a couple of hours) I take Mike in for his elbow surgery. And instead of sleeping I'm awake thinking and what ifing myself crazy!

So, I'm going to head to bed. Offer up my prayers. Tell satan to take a flying leap and leave me alone, I'm turning it all over to God. God ALWAYS takes care of us! He's proven it to me over and over again. (Not that He even needs to!)


6 comments:

  1. You aren't the only anxious mama up at 3 am.

    I'll say a little prayer for you and your hubby's surgery. I hope all goes well. :)

    God Bless, and I hope YOU get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I say the prayers from his little booklet,(I think I gave you one) every day. I have to pray for Patience, Understanding, Fortitude, Wisdom, and Knowledge of his Word and the Grace to live by his word. Then I offer the petition for Dad to have eternal happiness. I know those things are the Gifts of the Holy Spirit but I must remember they were already bestowed on me at Confirmation. I just have to remind myself of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to force myself often to just stop the negative what ifs!!!!!

    Prayers for you and for Mike with his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I come from a long line of worriers as well. My husband has to remind me, "Don't worry, Grandma Ruth!"
    God is always faithful. I will pray for your husband today also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Padre Pio and also love that line "live in Jesus, not in worry"! That is great! Just sent prayers for your husband, and for you to let God take care of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your comforting words and prayers. Mike is doing REALLY well!!

    ReplyDelete