Thursday, July 8, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.

My successes for this week:
  1. Completed Haley's CAT with her and mailed it and Faith's in to be graded.
  2. Bought buttons for the sweater I am near completing. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but there is only one store, that I'm aware of, that has a decent button selection and getting to it can be a real hassle. Usually the sweater sits finished for several weeks with out buttons, this time it is the reverse.
  3. Got Mike through his elbow surgery. Well at least the first 24 hours of recovery after. I depend VERY much on my husband and having him not 100% can be very trying. (Especially because I then have to give more than 100% of myself!! LOL)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that he's gotten past those first 24 hours. I hope and pray that the rest of recovery is very quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment this morning. Great accomplishments for you--congrats!

    I just read a few of your other posts. Love the one about trusting God vs. worrying--so true. The rice trick reminds me of my grandparents. Their country home didn't have a/c, and there was always some rice in the salt shaker to absorb moisture and keep the salt flowing.

    Your knitting projects look amazing. I don't make time to knit often (learned just a few years ago), and don't have a lot of confidence anymore. I've made some hats and one sweater (in a series of classes with major handholding so I'm afraid to set out on my own), along with simple scarfs and felted potholders. Have you always been talented or did your level of expertise require lots of lessons/practice/messing up?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic week! Glad you took the time for #2. I am sure it's as beautiful as some of your other work. Yea for #3! I pray your husbands recovery goes smoothly.
    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know what a big deal buttons are until you lose one :). So it IS big!

    Congrats on a great week!

    ReplyDelete