Thursday, July 1, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.
  1. Finished giving Faith her CAT! This was her first and she has never tested so there was a bit of a learning curve. For each of us. The way the questions are asked I needed to tweak a bit in order for them to make sense to her, but we did it and it looked to me like she did really well. Not 100%, but really well!
  2. Finished reading a book. A fiction just for fun book. Do you have any idea how long it has been since I read a book just for fun? This is an accomplishment because time for me to just be mindless is good for my mental health.
  3. I've managed to limit my on line computer time really well. It has been an adjustment in the routine for the better. Probably the reason I was able to accomplish #2 and my knitting is really progressing too. Not to mention my house has never looked so good on a Thursday morning!

4 comments:

  1. It feels so good to finish a book! I am not good at making the time to read as much as I should/or even want to! So when I finish a book I am a little too proud of myself LOL! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list this week! Love #2 & #3. Limiting time on line can really help with creativity and productivity. I am off to finish my book now. Happy reading/knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I have been pretty good about limiting my computer time. I guess it is an addiction and cold turkey is harder than I thought! It helps that I recruited my kids to keep me honest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you read a book! Reading novels is one of my favorite relaxing activities.

    ReplyDelete