Thursday, June 24, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.

My small successes this week were:
  1. Was able to hang every load of laundry this week except for 3 (2 were towels which I don't hang). Not sure if this is saving me any money on the electric, but I have to imagine it helps.
  2. Out of the past 7 days I've gotten up and walked 5 of them! My motivation for walking in the morning again is for the endorphins it creates. I truly need them, especially this week as we approach the 1st anniversary of my father's death. But, hopefully it is helping me get healthier too.
  3. This last one I'm torn on considering it a success. Mike and I met with the guidance counselor at the public high school, Jacob is seriously contemplating going this year which will be his sophomore year. We have home schooled him since 4th grade and he has always been happy doing that. However, this year is different I guess. We have still yet to decide if he will be going, but I'm considering this a success this week overall. Because if I'm doing what is necessary to support one of my kids in their decisions that is a success. (I'm sure I will be blogging more about this HUGE decision we are facing later.)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for hanging clothes on the line! Last summer, I started out with one line. I cut $50 off my electric bill that month. I added two more lines, and the second month, I cut an additional $50 (making my bill $100 less than two months before). I was hooked and have been hanging my clothes ever since. Along with other changes I've made (keeping the air bumped high in the summer and low in the winter), I manage to keep my bill around $130 or so...sometimes less. Good for you!!

    Also, prayers for your son for guidance about reentering the public school system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I would consider it a success if I didn't freak out on number three! May you have grace and wisdom on that one!
    My successes this week? They were small indeed. I got up with my hubby and made him breakfast everyday (a rarity!). I cleaned the ceiling in the bathroom. I didn't loose it when my three year old knocked her front tooth almost out yesterday (it is still dangling there....).
    Thanks for reminding me to do that. It can start to feel like I am running in circles and not accomplishing anything!
    Yay, motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Successes:#1 If nothing else I'm sure the clothes smell great especially the sheets.
    #2. I have been doing a lot of walking with the mail distribution. I keep forgetting to wear my pedometer.
    #3. I know how I feel but I won't comment. You two have to do what you think is best.

    ReplyDelete