Sunday, April 25, 2010

Busy Saturday

Yesterday was a full day! Hence no post.

Started the day at the church flea market/plant sale/car wash. I worked the concession stand with a good friend, making work much easier. While Haley washed cars with the youth group. Jacob stayed home with Faith. Making it easier for me to work and not worry about what she was getting in to, and Lord knows Jacob didn't mind the excuse to not have to work.

I did have an opportunity to peruse the plant sale. Came home with an awesome tomato plant, grown by a parishioner in his green house.

And a healthy forsythia shrub. To help Mike and I with our landscaping efforts.

Then we were off to a local elementary school for their music jamboree. Where Jacob's band DTK (Dressed to Kill) had a 45 minute set to play. They do well for teenage boys with big dreams.

Back home to get cleaned up and ready for mass at 5:00. As I sat in the pew listening to the Gospel, I remembered... Feast of The Good Shepherd. I hadn't planned anything to celebrate it with my kids! Does this make me a bad Catholic mom? I don't know, but I do know I put a lot of pressure on myself when I don't feel I measure up.

The day is still young and I do have some house work to do that I didn't have time for yesterday. But I will at least discuss the readings with the kids and pray I haven't damaged their spiritual souls too much from this oversight.

No comments:

Post a Comment