Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mmmm Cracker Candy

Typically I bake cookies, brownies or cake every 2/3 days. There is usually something sweet to eat. Then there are those weeks I just can't seem to get it done.

I'm not the one in the family who has a sweet tooth, it is more Mike and the girls. But there are those days you just need a little something sweet!! Yesterday I even asked Haley to bake a cake and she didn't want to. So, I remembered I had this great quick recipe that would solve the problem.

Thought I'd share it with you so took pictures all the way through.

Cracker Candy
1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 cups of chocolate/carob chips
40 saltine crackers

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Line a cookie sheet with foil and place saltines on it.
Heat 1 cup of butter and brown sugar together for 3-5 minutes
stir constantly until it thickens
Pour mixture over saltines
Bake for 5 minutes
Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate/carob chips - allow to sit for 5 minutes
Spread chocolate
Cool in fridge to harden and then break into pieces.

1 comment:

  1. How many am I supposed to eat at a time, Kinda full but can't stop...

    ReplyDelete