Monday, April 5, 2010

This and That

It's obviously been some time since I posted. What have I been doing? Well...

I took a trip to Florida for 4 days/3 nights, all by myself! Mike insisted on me going, and I'm really glad now that he pushed me to it. I truly hate to fly, but I did that too. My 2 sisters also joined me to visit my mom. One flew in from Utah and the other drove 6 hours from South Carlina. It was absolutely wonderful! Relaxing and fun! We spent several hours each day by the pool sunning and chatting. Mom cooked some wonderful meals and we drank wine and mojitos, and one night we even went out for dinner! We've decided that this will now be an annual event! Here are some photos of the fun.
Like every good vacation it takes a week or more to get back into the grove hence the hiatus from blogging.

On Holy Thursday we didn't make mass because Jacob has piano lessons, but we did get our eggs colored. We used the perfectly good brown eggs we have in abundance, they came out really nice. Easter was a quiet day at home with just the 5 of us. Faith did an egg hunt, we ate a huge breakfast, took a stroll and just chilled all afternoon snacking on chocolate.

As for the knitting, I finished the socks I was working on while in Florida. Gave those to sister Suzanne since she didn't have a pair of my socks yet, so I figured why not!
Because I was afraid to take metal needles or any project of relevance (for fear of confiscation) in my carry on my flight I knitted some dish clothes on bamboo needles. Who doesn't need new dish clothes?
Still working on the summer's end sweater. The body and both sleeves are done, next step join them and work on the yoke. Still not too sure of the yarn, but pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment